Artist residency that supports artists working in the area of arts provision for children.
The Linenhall runs an annual artists residency/bursary for up to two collaborating artists working in the area of arts provision for children. The residency is open to artists working in any art form. The residency may be of interest to those in search of time and space to develop their practice, to research, try out ideas, and develop work for young audiences.
Resources usually* available to the artist/s:
- A fee of €3000 per artist
- A stipend toward mentorship and/or materials (to be agreed with the successful applicant)
- Space – Linenhall Arts Centre Studio Space (Wi-fi connection included)
- If the artist/s is working in the Linenhall Arts Centre accommodation can be provided if required
- Admin support from the Linenhall Arts Centre
The residency is open to both emerging and more established/experienced artists and usually takes place over a period of 6 weeks in late summer.
*resources may vary slightly year-to-year as it is dependent on funding from outside sources.
See our Take Part page for details on upcoming application and submission details for the current year.
Mary-Lou McCarthy, actor, writer and theatre-maker
Cora Venus Lunny and Lisa Dowdall, musicians