WE'RE HIRING! FINANCE OFFICER (MATERNITY COVER) The Linenhall Arts Centre is always on the lookout for dynamic, enthusiastic people who will strengthen our team and help us improve the services we provide for the community.
We are currently looking for a part-time Finance Officer with an interest in the arts to join our team. Please note this is a 6-month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Hours will average at 2 days per week, 10am to 5pm but will vary dependent on the time of year and/or requirements of our funders. Some weeks may require more hours but this will be negotiated with advance notice. Flexible hours and working from home considered.
We are seeking a candidate that has a background or interest in the arts and experience of managing the accounting functions of a small to medium organisation. You will be a highly organised individual with strong technical skills, who communicates well with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise issues.
This is a hands-on role and involves overseeing all aspects of the financial management of the Linenhall including the Arts Centre and Coffee Shop. The post holder will be the sole person responsible for maintaining the accounts of the Linenhall and liaising with the external accountants and auditors.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior (or comparable) accounting role (Sage mentioned in requirements).
- Have a knowledge of the reporting requirements of charitable organisations and familiar with the obligations of Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
- Be familiar with statutory and regulatory requirements and a clear understanding of all tax issues relevant to the arts.
- Understand GDPR and AML requirements along with a detailed knowledge of VAT and PAYE.
You will be joining a small close-knit team and will support and report directly to the director, while working closely with the General Manager and the rest of the team.
Desirable requirements for the role:
Ensure the Linenhall’s financial systems are kept up to date including:
- Maintaining artist payment records and debtor reports
- Managing general overhead and payment records including annual review of costs and related contracts.
- Manage and control credit card and petty cash expenditure.
- Ensure stock records are up to date.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Support the General Manager on payroll , PAYE and other matters as required
- Have extensive experience of Excel and some experience of Sage or similar accounting software
- Liaise and support the Director in implementing policies in relation to financial matters
- Liaise with the auditors for the annual audit and preparing any documentation relevant to this
- Collate sales information and prepare budget reports as required for the Linenhall Director, Board and the Arts Council (and others as required)
- Support all departments to find creative ways to reduce costs.
- Manage and advise on regulatory, tax and legal matters relevant to the organisation
Interviews to take place W/C Mon 6 July 2020 with an intended start date of Tues 27 July.
Please note this is a 6-month fixed term contract. There may be an option to review and renew at the end of the 6-month period dependent on the financial situation of the company at that time.
Please email a cover letter and current CV to Bernadette Greenan at email@example.com by Fri 25 June 2021 at 5pm.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Please note that Linenhall Director, Bernadette Greenan is on leave but you can send general queries about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will respond on her return in mid-June. For urgent or specific queries about the role you can contact Ciara at email@example.com and she will take care of you.