We're Hiring! Part-Time Wait Staff
THE LINENHALL COFFEE SHOP TEAM ARE HIRING! The Linenhall Coffee Shop is an integral part of the Linenhall Arts Centre and we are always on the lookout for dynamic, enthusiastic people who will strengthen our team and help us improve the services we provide for the community.
We are currently looking for a part-time wait-person* with an interest in customer service to join the café team.
Hours will average at 15 hours per week, 11am to 2pm, Tues to Fri, but will vary dependent on the time of year and/or requirements of the café team. Some weeks may require holiday cover, Saturdays and/or evening availability but this will be negotiated with advance notice.
Desirable requirements for the role:
- Be available between the hours of 11am and 2pm Tues – Fri;
- Have reasonable availability for cover for the roster;
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Thrive in a busy, fast paced environment and be able to respond to changing situations with ease;
- Be a self-starter who works well as part of a team;
- Have strong customer service skills;
- Be fully flexible both in availability (within reason) and role responsibilities and duties;
- Barista training/experience is desirable but not essential;
- A strong interest in working as part of a team;
- An interest in the arts is desirable but not essential.
*Please note that while this is a part-time position with a minimum of 12 hours per week we sometimes need extra cover during busy periods or when staff are on leave. We would appreciate only those with flexible availability applying for the position. Please note this is a 6-month fixed term contract. There will be an option to review and renew at the end of the 6-month period.
Please email a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com by Fri 28 Aug 2020 at 5pm. Interviews will be held on Mon 31 Aug 2020 for an expected start date of Tues 8 Sept 2020. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Queries can be made to Bernadette Greenan via firstname.lastname@example.org or 094 9023733