Splendid Isolation with the Linenhall Arts Centre
We recently published Splendid Isolation with Alice Maher, the latest in our series in which artists talk about their artistic practice in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visual artist Alice Maher is a loyal friend and supporter of the Linenhall. She is a member of the Linenhall's Board of Directors and we were really grateful that she took the time to graciously share insight into her work. Here you'll get a sneak peek at Alice's studio as she talks about her passion for art from a young age and her fascination with art history 'as the complete meaning of our existence is sunk in what we make and what we leave behind'.
The Splendid Isolation series includes interviews with a range of artists and performers, looking at how they are surviving (or thriving!) during the COVID-19 crisis.
So far these include:
- Danny O'Brien (comedian) - April 10
- Sarah Wren Wilson (visual artist) - April 14
- Neil Martin (composer and musician) - April 17
- Deirdre Kinahan (playwright) - April 21
- Una Crawford & Bryan Murray (actors) - April 24
- Chris Kent (comedian) - April 28
- Mary Ronayne (visual artist) - May 1
- Thomas Johnston (musician) - May 11
- Alice Maher (visual artist) - May 19
The series initially started off with artists who had a show/performance rescheduled at the Linenhall Arts Centre as a result of the 2020 lockdown. A call out was then issued on social media, asking the people of Mayo to suggest artists they would like to hear from during lockdown. The series now has Mayo artists as its focus.