Splendid Isolation with Stephen Doherty
Hello there and welcome to the latest edition to our Splendid Isolation series, this time with Foxford musician, Stephen Doherty.
Stephen is a maestro on the whistle, bodhrán, drums and accordion and has been playing music since the age of four! Here we see how he's fairing during isolation in his makeshift studio as he talks about his work touring around the world and shares an exciting snippet of a tune-in-progress on the tin whistle.
The Splendid Isolation series includes interviews with a range of artists and performers, looking at how they are surviving (or thriving!) during the COVID-19 crisis.
So far these include:
- Danny O'Brien (comedian) - April 10
- Sarah Wren Wilson (visual artist) - April 14
- Neil Martin (composer and musician) - April 17
- Deirdre Kinahan (playwright) - April 21
- Una Crawford & Bryan Murray (actors) - April 24
- Chris Kent (comedian) - April 28
- Mary Ronayne (visual artist) - May 1
- Thomas Johnston (musician) - May 11
- Alice Maher (visual artist) - May 19
- Stephen Doherty (musician) - May 26
The series initially started off with artists who had a show/performance rescheduled at the Linenhall Arts Centre as a result of the 2020 lockdown. A call out was then issued on social media, asking the people of Mayo to suggest artists they would like to hear from during lockdown. The series now has Mayo artists as its focus.