Opportunity - Strollers Touring Network Award
The Strollers Touring Network (STN) production award encourages companies, producers etc. to make work with the cooperation and collaboration with the ten venues who are members of STN including the Linenhall Arts Centre. A total award of up to €10,000 will be offered to assist with the financing of one production. The awarded work will then tour to each of the venue partners in 2019.
The Strollers Touring Network Production Awards over
the last nine years (2010-2018) total just over €160,000 in investment and
touring guarantees to touring production companies and artists.
Previous Award Winners include :
2010 Garter Lane and Lane Productions - for All Ireland Tour of ‘Brighton’ by Jim Nolan.
2011 Julie Feeney - for a collaborative project working with regional choirs and new choral commission.
2012 Theatre Lovett - ‘The House That Jack Filled’ - A new commission for a touring production
2013 Fishamble: The New Play Company ‘Little Thing, Big Thing’ a new play by Donal O’Kelly.
2014/2015 Moonfish Theatre Company: ‘Star of the Sea’.
2016 Monkeyshine Theatre - ‘Voyage’
2017 Duke Special – ‘Hallow’ – music performance based on works by poet Michael Longley
2018 Fishamble: The New Play Company – for Pat Kinevane’s ‘Before’
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PRODUCTION AWARD
Companies/Producers who wish to be considered for the PRODUCTION AWARD should complete the application form .
Information required includes:
- Information on the production: including cast lists, project personnel, producer and director, synopsis, style of presentation, content etc. (scripts can be included if you wish)
- A detailed marketing plan
- A detailed audience development plan
- A company or Artist Biog/History
- Any current or previous reviews
- Any YouTube, Vimeo or online video links of current or previous work. (Maximum 3 links)
- Additional touring terms – a guarantee, split or fee per performance - can be offered by each of the ten venue partners to the winning production. This should be identified by the applicant in Section 3 below.
The Network will prioritise applications that can demonstrate the following criteria:
* Work of Quality
* Work that has a detailed marketing plan to develop sales in tandem with each venue.
* Work that has a detailed audience development plan for our audiences
* Work from companies and practitioners with a reputation for excellence
* Audience Driven Work (work that will appeal to our audiences)
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO BE SENT BY EMAIL ONLY
Deadline for applications for Production Award 2019 is 5.0 p.m., Friday 6th of July.
Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 3rd of August in order to allow time for any other funding applications.