Arts for Young Audiences Residency 2021
The Linenhall Arts Centre is offering an artist residency for up to two collaborating artists working in the area of arts provision for children. While the residency is open to artists working in any art form, this year we are particularly interested in hearing from musicians and visual artists. The residency may be of interest to those in search of time and space to develop their practice, to research, try out ideas, and develop work for young audiences.
Resources available to the artist/s:
- A fee of 3000euro per artist
- A stipend toward mentorship and/or materials (to be agreed with the successful applicant)
- Space – Linenhall Arts Centre Studio Space (Wi-fi connection included) if Covid-19 restrictions allow.
- If the artist/s is working in the Linenhall Arts Centre accommodation can be provided if required.
- Admin support from the Linenhall Arts Centre
The residency is open to both emerging and more established/experienced artists and will take place over a period of 6 weeks: Monday 13 September – Friday 22 October. Applicants must be available to carry out the work of the residency during this time.
The successful artist/s will be required to deliver an oral presentation or a written report on the outcomes of the residency within one month of completing the residency. Format at the artists’ discretion.
To apply please send the following via email:
- A one-page description of how you would like to use the space and time, including why this is important for you and your practice.
- A current CV
- Examples of your work website/other links/images/text (Maximum 10). Please include all in one PDF document.
Email address for applications: email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of applications: Wednesday 18 August 5:00pm
Shortlisted applicants are required to be available to discuss their proposal on Tuesday 31 August.